Beauty Tips with Lemon to the Rescue!
Using beauty tips with lemons are a basic and safe way to improve on what you've already got. Lemon juice is one simple ingredient that is relatively cheap to afford! There are just so many different ways to use citrus. Mother nature sure knew what she was doing, that's a fact!
Lemons! Aren't they so cheerful and bright? Lemons are power packed with powerful nutrients that help you look naturally beautiful!
Most people know lemons are good for their health but may not know that lemon juice also has a variety of uses for beauty too.
Lemon juice is naturally rich with fruity acids and naturally occurring sugars. Externally, it has so many benefits, from sloughing dead skin cells to reducing age spots. Internally, it is known to naturally help boost collagen production and provides key nutrients that keep your body functioning at optimum.
From your top of your head to the tips of your toes, lemon juice provides many beauty benefits. Here are a few beauty tips using lemons that can help beautify on a budget!
Beauty Tips With Lemons
- Soak your fingernails in straight lemon juice for about 10 minutes. Then using a soft brush, (nail brush or old toothbrush) with a mixture of 1/2 white vinegar and 1/2 warm water. Rinse with warm water. Over time, this simple treatment can help your fingernails
stay strong, long, and bright! You may be surprised at how delightfully white your fingernails become!
Reduce the Formation of Blackheads
- Lemon juice can dissolve blackheads over time. To do this, rub lemon juice over blackheads
before bedtime. Then upon arising in the morning, rinse your skin with cool, clean water. Repeat this process every night until blackheads are no longer visible. The natural citric acid in lemon juice helps dissolve the oils that form blackheads in the first place!
- Used fresh, lemon juice can soften and brighten any area of your skin. Cut a lemon in half and squeeze out all the juice you can into a cup. Before bedtime, dab a cotton ball into the juice and apply to any problem areas of your skin. Rinse well when you get up in the morning. Store leftover juice in a container in the refrigerator.
For an overall perk-up treatment, mix 1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice into your bath water and soak in it for at least 20 minutes. Your skin will look and feel radiant.
- Damaged, dry, or dull hair can benefit from using lemon juice! Mix together 3/4 cup olive oil
, 1/2 cup raw honey, and 3 tablespoons or more of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Set beside your shower in the bathroom. Shampoo your hair, then dry naturally if possible. Apply the mixture incrementally, then work the mixture through your hair, paying special attention to ends. Comb through. Cover your hair with a cap for a 1/2 hour or longer, then shampoo, condition, and rinse your hair.
Find home remedies for dry hair here
Lighten and Highlight Hair
- Lemon juice is a natural and safe alternative to using bleach. Squeeze the juice from half lemon or more into your hair. Do not try to comb through cause it won't work and your hair may snap off! If some seeds get into your hair, no problem! They won't hurt your hair and you'll get rid of them later when you rinse your hair! Sit in the sun until your hair is dry or about one hour. Shampoo and condition afterward. This process helps brighten and lighten blonde or even dark blonde hair colors and can add red or golden highlights to darker hair colors.
Dry Flaking Skin
– Dry skin is always a challenge but you can improve it just by using a bit of lemon juice in your daily skin care. Combine equal amounts of honey, lemon juice, and melted coconut oil
. Dip a cottonball into the mixture and apply to dry areas. Be sure to allow it to completely dry. (about 15 minutes) Rinse with warm, tepid water. This combination is a fantastic humectant and moisturizer for dry skin patches
- If you have stubborn oily skin, lemon juice is a viable alternative to using OTC toners. Combine 2 tablespoons vodka, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 tablespoon distilled water, with 1 teaspoon witch hazel. Dab onto your skin with a sterile cotton ball then rinse with cool water. Keep leftovers refrigerated for up until one week. The mixture will help improve oily skin by temporarily reducing sebum.
Brighten and Exfoliate Skin
- This is a very simple beauty tip with lemon! To improve the visible appearance of your skin, cut a lemon in half then dip one half into raw sugar. Gently rub the lemon over your face, arms, legs, or any area of your body! It only takes a few minutes of rubbing to slough dead skin cells and notice marked improvements! You can repeat the process daily to help brighten and exfoliate.
Treat Dry Scalp and Dandruff
- Combine 1/2 cup of olive or coconut oil (melted) with 2 or more tablespoons of fresh lemon juice. Massage into your scalp, then cover with a cap for at least 15 minutes or even overnight. Rinse your hair well, then shampoo and condition. Repeat as necessary.
Freshen Breath in a Snap
- Before breath fresheners were sold at stores, lemon was historically used to improve bad breath. It's like a natural breath mint! The natural acids found in lemons reduce the amount of bacteria you have in your mouth, which gives you stinky breath. Alternately, you can simply drink lemon water
throughout the day to freshen up your breath all day long!
Detoxifier and Alkalizer
- Lemon water can help detoxify and alkalize your blood, which helps get rid of impurities in the body. Using lemons is a great way to make improvements with minimal effort. Find out more about the lemon water benefits here
Simply implementing these beauty tips with lemons
can really save you money on many OTC products. Lemons are highly beneficial and are a natural way to enhance your inner and outer self!
Always consult your physician before using natural remedies, especially for anyone with preexisting conditions or anyone currently taking prescription medications. Although many efforts are made to ensure that the advice given on this site is professionally sound, the advice is not intended to replace a mutual relationship with a medical provider.
Related Pages on This Site
The Benefit of Lemon Water
Simple Natural Facial Masks to Make at Home
Rich Dark Chocolate Facial Masks – A Creamy Sensual Pleasure
Facial Masks for Every Skin Type
Homemade Body Scrubs to Save Money and Time!
Homemade Facial Scrubs – Take the 30 Day Challenge!
Homemade Facials and Scrubs from Robin McGraw and The Doctors
Subscribe to my free newsletter
. Get interesting facts and money saving tips to help conserve and improve your beauty and your health.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Use your keywords and this handy tool to find it fast!
Back to Top of Page
Beauty Care Tips and Techniques
From Beauty Tips to Homepage