How to Stay Healthy - 9 Easy Ways to Live Longer
If you want to stay healthy, you must commit to living the lifestyle, as disease and illness is not something that typically manifests overnight. Instead, it happens over a long period of time and is a direct result of the way you choose to live each and every day. It’s reflected by the friends you have, the foods you consume, the water you drink, the work you do, and the attitude you carry around.
To keep optimum health, you must make improving your quality of life more important than doing other things like watching TV or socializing on Facebook. Making small, gradual changes sets you up to be most successful. Hopefully, you'll have time later on to look back and be thankful you took the necessary actions that were required!
How to Stay Healthy Longer
1) Consider Your Nutrition
- Out of 2.1 million deaths a year in the United States, 1.6 million are related to poor nutrition. That’s hard to believe when you [supposedly] live in the land of opportunity. There are also more than 200 known diseases spread through the eco-chain. The foods you buy in your local superstore contain viruses, bacteria, parasites
, genetically modified organisms
, and toxins. Yearly, there are 81 million illnesses and up to 9000 deaths reported by cross contamination.
2) Spend Time
- No matter how much you may like to hide from the world, we all need some amount of socialization in the REAL world. Your friends can make the difference between whether you succeed or fail. Good friends will be there for you to help you pick up the pieces when times are tough. They will also be there in times of joy. If you consistently feel exhausted or stressed-out after spending time with a friend, you'll need to figure out if that friendship is worth sacrificing your health.
3) Be Harmonious
- When you push against the universe, it has no choice but to push back at you. Everything you do in your life, either brings things together or breaks things apart. Every rule you break, every person you cheat, and every negative thought you have may come back to bite you. Think carefully about every decision you make so you live in harmony with your surroundings. There's no doubt that good decisions help you stay healthy!
4) Increase Blood Flow
- People that exercise more live the longest! Physical inactivity doubles the chances of developing heart disease and increases the risk of diabetes and high blood pressure. Even moderate exercise for twenty minutes helps you stay healthy by cutting stress, maintaining full functioning, and improving circulation.
5) Quench Your Thirst
- Dehydration is the #1 trigger of daytime lethargy. Seventy-five percent of Americans are said to be chronically dehydrated. Another 45 million Americans drink water contaminated with lead, heavy metals, radiation, parasites, chlorine, and bacteria.
Drinking 5 or more glasses of clean water a day can reduce your risk of colon cancer by 45 percent, breast cancer by 79 percent, and joint pain by 80 percent. Invest in a high quality water purifier that removes toxins in your home water supply and suck it down regularly.
6) Breathe Fresh Air
- Indoor air can be 2 to 10 times more dangerous to your health than outdoor air. As a result, billions of dollars are spent annually for medicines that help Americans breathe better. According to the EPA, 20 percent of all employees have a major illness related to indoor air pollution such as allergies, asthma, or autoimmune diseases such as fibromyalgia.
The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that 40 percent of all buildings pose a serious health hazard due to indoor air pollution. To stay healthy, get outside more or open windows to let fresh air in. You may not be able to do anything about a work environment but you can at least clean the air in your home with an air purifier. Purifier’s destroy a broad variety of harmful pollutants, such as mold spores, viruses, bacteria, gases and fumes, odors, pollen, and more. This will help you stay healthy by making the air you breathe clean and fresh.
7) Work What You Love Doing
- If you have to work a job you’re not passionate about, it’s easy to become discouraged. When you're distressed, it can lead to self-doubt, feelings of inadequacy, hopelessness, low morale, negative self-image, lack of motivation, and reduced productivity. Most of these negative feelings impair and weaken your body’s immune system
If you dread getting up and going to work everyday, think about how the negative environment could be improved. If it can't be, consider changing jobs or professions. If you decide to leave your job, find another one before you make a move. You’ll rest easier if you know there is hope around the corner.
8) Make Better Choices
- "All the flowers of tomorrow are in the seeds of today". Do you understand it's meaning? It simply means that every decision you make today affects what happens tomorrow. Unfortunately, most people make choices for all the wrong reasons, and when things don't turn out the way they expected, they get angry. An example is taking a job because it pays more, without considering what tasks you must undertake or whom you'll be forced to work with. You may have the money you wanted, but it may cause more stress than it's worth. It may also eventually cause your health to deteriorate.
9) Be Sweet
- And finally, be nice to others', which takes so little time or effort! The nicer you are, the more endorphins your body will release. Endorphins are chemicals that help you feel good and stay healthy naturally! The better you feel, the stronger immunity you will have, which leads to a greater resistance to infections and disease. You will find that the more pleasant you are towards other people, the friendlier they will be towards you, which makes everyone feel good!
To stay healthy
, stay the course. Stick to your objectives and be thoughtful about the decisions you make. Pick out one or two steps from the above list that you can implement rather painlessly, then work toward more of the goals. Real success in life is a mere measure of the work you put into it.
Always consult your physician before using natural remedies, especially for anyone with preexisting conditions or anyone currently taking prescription medications. Although many efforts are made to ensure that the advice given on this site is professionally sound, the advice is not intended to replace a mutual relationship with a medical provider.
Related Pages on This Site
Eating a Balanced Diet Decreases Weight and Increases Energy
6 Detox Foods That Help Rectify Overindulgence
Food Facts - Getting the Most Nutritional Value
10 Healthy Foods to Include in Your Diet Regularly!
Boosting Immunity – Healthy Foods that Keep You Well
Non GMO Foods Versus GMO Foods – Facts, Pros and Cons
How to Decrease Inflammation to Improve Your Health
Leading a Healthy Life: Six Steps to Living Long and Staying Healthy
Definition of a Healthy Lifestyle
Subscribe to my free newsletter
. Get interesting facts and money saving tips to help conserve and improve your beauty and your health.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Use your keywords and this handy tool to find it fast!
Back to Top of Page
Healthy Ways to Save Money
From Stay Healthy to Homepage