Long Lasting Makeup Tips
Long lasting makeup tips help to keep your powder placed, your lipstick stuck, and your mascara lashed out, so you can look your best a long time.
Long lasting tips give you the benefit of not having to redo makeup during the day.
These are great tips if you have other plans after work, but no time to run home and make changes.
With the hurry and scurry of every day life, it's not so easy to keep makeup in place. However, if you follow a natural progression with your makeup application, you’ll create a flawless complexion that lasts well into the night.
First Things First
1) Apply a moisturizer and allow to dry for at least 10 minutes prior to makeup application. Moisturizers help ensure long lasting makeup!
If you have a tendency to touch your face or your makeup has a knack for wearing off, you need a makeup primer. If you're worried about your eye makeup smudging or rubbing off, use an eye makeup primer. One of the best eye makeup primers on the market is called Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion. If you buy it, you will use it! If you're going to use one, apply it now as part of this step. Allow it to dry before you proceed.
2) Apply an under eye concealer or blemish concealer if you need one.
3) If your usual foundation wears away easily, try one with a little oil in it. This is especially useful for people with normal to dry skin. The oil really gets into the pores of your skin and helps keep foundations in place. If you have oily skin though, you may break out from using one. Also, those with sensitive skin shouldn’t use them.
The best kind of foundation for all skin types, is mineral foundation. Once you use it, you'll probably never switch back to your old foundation.
4) Dust over your foundation with loose powder in a neutral tone or just use translucent powder. Allow it to 'set' for about 10 minutes and dust it again to give it more stay.
5) Try and keep your hands off your face during the day. (This is hard but doable if you make a conscious effort to control it.) You'll only transfer it off your face.
Long Lasting Cheeks
1) Use powder blush if you have oily skin and cream blush if you have normal to dry skin.
2) Or try a cheek stain. These work well at creating a sunny glow. Just be sure to blend them in quickly. Once the stain sets, it stays put.
3) Try pink. Most every woman looks good with pink cheeks or pink lips!
Long Lasting Eyes
1) Prep your eyelids with primer, dab of liquid/cream foundation, or lightly dust them with translucent powder. Primer's work best if you are older and your skin is beginning to sag a bit.
2) Use powder shadows if you are unsure about using creams. Be sure not to rub your eyes during the day though. You might remove some of the color.
If you're in a real hurry (who's not!), try peel off eyeshadows. These are terrific time savers and you won't ever make an eyeshadow boo boo!
3) Use waterproof mascara and allow each coat to dry for before applying more. Apply several coats.
4) Leave lower lashes clean or use clear mascara’s. This helps minimize smudging.
Long Lasting Lips
1) Don’t moisturize your lips before you apply lipstick. If you just have to use it, apply it at least 10 minutes before makeup application.
2) Prep your lips with a little foundation to give the color a base and helps smooth out fine lines.
3) Using a lip liner, first outline your lips. For an extra color base, use the liner to fill in the outline.
4) Apply long lasting lipsticks with a lip brush, the tube, or your fingertip!
5) Apply one layer of lipstick, blot with a tissue, and apply the second layer.
6) For color that won't budge, try a lip stain. This is a particularly good choice if you want to use a bright, high maintenance lip color, like hot pink or ruby red.
7) Moisturize your lips every night before bed. It’s the best time to moisturize them.
8) If you use lip stain, apply it directly to your lips. You won’t need foundation and lip liners.
9) Be sure to have makeup remover ready for mistakes when using lip stain. Lip stain won't just wipe off. If you don't have makeup remover, try petroleum jelly or baby oil.
10) For larger looking lips, use a dab of a lighter shade shimmery lipgloss in the very center of both top and bottom lips. You can also apply a lip plumper instead.
These long lasting makeup tips will help you look great well into the night. Be sure to include all the steps though. Skipping any step will only hinder the long lasting effects.
Related Pages on This Site
Determine Your Skin Tone to Choose the Best Makeup Colors
Your Skin Care Regimen Before a Special Occasion
Holiday Make Up Ideas for Party Girls!
Party Makeup Tips for Festive Occasions
Prom Makeup for a Fairytale Night!
Seductive Makeup – Tempting Fate with Bewitching Appeal!
Sexy Make Up – Sizzling, Smutty, Sweltering!
Subscribe to my free newsletter. Get interesting facts and money saving tips to help conserve and improve your beauty and your health.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Use this handy tool to find it fast!
Back to Top of Page
Professional Advice – How to Apply Makeup Correctly
Go from Long Lasting Makeup Back to Homepage