Try False Eyelashes - How to Apply Lash Strips in 6 Easy Steps
False eyelashes are a spectacular tool of the trade, especially if you've got a special event coming up! Try using them when you want to create a breathtaking look. Heavier, longer lashes give your eyes a hidden sex appeal without too much fuss!
Lashes should be applied after eyeshadow and liner application and are not as hard to put on as you might think.
Strips are much easier to apply than individual lashes, plus, they're a lot more convenient. It does take a little patience but its just like learning anything else. Persistence will pay off if you just stick with it.
Strip lashes cost about the same to buy as mascara and are a good investment - you can use them over and over again. That is, if you take care of them properly!
How to Choose False Eyelashes
There are so many different styles of lashes to select from so at first, it might seem a little intimidating. It all depends on the look you're going for! This guide ought to help some though.
What You’ll Need
Eyelash glue (should come with the lashes)
Blunt End Tweezers
Liquid Eye Liner (optional)
A Cool Head and A Steady Hand!
6 Steps to Apply False Eyelashes Strips
1. Trim the lashes. - If the lash strips are wider than your eye, trim one side to fit your lash line.
You can also trim individual lashes to make them look more natural. They should be shorter towards the inner corner of the eye, and get longer towards the outer eye. For an even more natural look, you can make small ‘V’ cuts into the lashes to make the lengths more natural looking.
2. Get out the glue. - Squeeze a small line of eyelash glue onto the back of your hand and run the back of the eyelash seam along the glue. Blow gently from edge to edge to make the glue a little tacky, about 30 seconds or so. You want the glue to start ‘setting’ before you apply them to your eyelid.
3. Pick up the tweezers. - Pick the lashes up with tweezers and bring the strip as close to your natural lash line as possible.
4. Line them up - Line up the outer edge of the lash against the outer edge of your own lashes. Push them into place as close as possible. (You can either use your fingertips or the blunt end of the tweezers to push into place.) They need to rest close to the roots of the lash. Press them down gently from end to end. Keep a steady hand and try not to panic. Make sure the eyelash is secure on both corners as well as in the center. You can start on either end. Just do what feels more natural to you.
5. Wait. - Wait for approximately 30 seconds to a minute. This allows the glue to ‘set’.
6. Repeat the process. - Repeat the process with the other lashes on your other eye.
After the lashes are thoroughly dry on both sides, you can apply a finished look by running another thin line of liquid eyeliner over the seam. This makes them look 'neater'. You can apply mascara to the lashes if you like but be careful of clumping. Make sure your mascara isn't old or you could totally screw up your false eyelashes!
Tips for False Eyelashes Strips
Don’t trim lashes while they are on your eyes. You might end up trimming your natural lashes as well or poke a hole in your eyeball! Not a good thing!
For a more dramatic effect, apply eyelashes under the bottom lashes as well.
Look for black eyelash glue at your local Beauty Supply store or online. Any goofs you make will look more like black eyeliner.
Try to attach your false eyelashes as close to your real lashes as possible. Practice a few times beforehand without the glue, just to get the hang of it.
Use FLAT tweezers to apply your lashes. I can't stress this point enough! Do not use angular tweezers that have a sharp point. Again, you don’t want to poke your eye with a sharp object!
Go easy on the glue so that it does not build up on the false eyelashes or clump up your real eyelashes and leak into your eye. A thin strip across the seam should do it. You can remove excess glue with a moist q-tip once the lashes are in place.
If the glue gets in your eyes, don’t stress out. A little bit of glue will not affect your eyesight or harm your eyes. If you get a lot in your eyes, take the lash off and use some eye drops to flush your eyes. Then rinse with clear water. Dry your eyelid thoroughly before trying again.
To remove false eyelashes, find the seam at either end and gently pull them off. If you have problems removing them, apply some baby oil to a q-tip and run it along the seam. After about 30 seconds, lashes should lift right off. Just be sure not to grab your own lashes!
Replace lashes in the container you got them in and set aside for use at another time!
Smoky eyes look tantalizing with dark sultry lashes!
You can create all kinds of different looks just by changing to different lash designs or colors.
How to Apply Lash Strips Video Tutorial
It's not that tough to do right? Ready to change things up and try false lashes?
Many people today are looking for the best green smoothie recipes and ingredients that will help them achieve a healthier body and system. While there are a lot to choose from, it helps to know the ef…