Daily Skin Care Regimen for Each Type of Skin
Your daily skin care regimen is so very important if you want to retain a healthy complexion! Everyone should have one, which includes both women and men!
Your facial skin is very tender skin and must be treated with respect if you want to avoid those despicable signs of aging.
Sections on This Page
Having clear skin might seem far fetched if you are prone to skin problems. Sometimes things like ongoing acne or excessive wrinkles can get in the way of having beautiful skin.
Most problems however, are temporary and can be cleared up if you have a good daily skin care regimen. Having skin that’s blemish free all the time might not be possible, but having clear skin most of the time is worth the extra effort. You simply look better and have a more positive self image when your skin looks alive and healthy!
Daily Skin Care Routine for Oily Skin
Oily skin is prone to various skin problems and needs to be cared for using products that control oil secretion. Daily skin care is a must have if you want blemish free skin.
- Oily skin
needs to be washed and cleansed at least twice a day, once in the morning and once before going to bed. If not, your skin can emit and unhealthy shine. Over scrubbing your skin can actually accelerate oil secretion. Use a good deep cleanser to remove impurities that clog your pores and make you break out.
- Exfoliation is essential for oily skin to remove the build up of dead skin, white heads and blackheads which can lead to acne.
- Toning oily skin on a daily basis is important to control oil secretion and maintain healthy skin. Tone your face after cleansing and exfoliating.
- Moisturize your face with a water based lotion that has a built in SPF of at least 15. Use water based facial moisturizers that are specifically formulated for oily skin.
- Apply a facial mask about once a week, depending on how oily your skin gets daily. Masks help restore a natural glow.
Daily Skin Care Routine for Dry Skin
can look scaly and flaky if you don't have a good daily skin care routine in place. For the best results, choose products that are specially formulated for dry skin.
- Cleansing your face with a mild facial cleanser or soap once a day is sufficient for dry skin. You don’t want to remove all the oils from your face that help moisturize it. In the morning, you should rinse your face well with plain water. Before bed, cleanse your face with a mild cleanser that’s specially formulated for dry or sensitive skin.
- Replenishing moisture is very important for dry skin. Use cream based moisturizers on your face several times during the day to keep your skin hydrated. Dry skin can become tight and uncomfortable if it’s not moisturized enough. Many facial lotions are specifically formulated for dry skin should be sought out and used.
- Facial masks for dry skin should be mild. They should consist of ingredients that hydrate and moisturize your skin and allow oils to remain. Since honey is a humectant, it can help draw moisture when you use it. Mix one ripe mashed avocado with a teaspoon of honey. Apply to your face, let it dry, and wash off with cool, clear water.
Exfoliate and Tone
- Dry skin should be exfoliated only about once a week. Use mild fruit-based scrubs to gently remove scaly skin and dead skin cell build up. Toner’s should be very mild and use rose hips oil to re-hydrate skin afterward.
Daily Skin Care for Normal Skin
Most skin is either normal to oily or normal to dry. Your T-zone can cause skin problemsif your skin tends to be on the oily side.
Be sure to deep clean around your T-zone if you are prone to blackheads or whiteheads. Daily skin care is essential if you want to keep oils from causing ongoing problems.
- Clean your face at least twice daily. Once a day may be sufficient if your skin tends to be more on the dry side.
- Exfoliate your skin at least once a week with one tablespoon of honey mixed with one tablespoon of finely ground coffee beans.
- Tone your face daily after you wash your skin.
- If you aren't prone to dry skin, use a water based moisturizer to hydrate your face. If you use a cream based moisturizer and don't really need it, you might break out. The safest bet is to use moisturizers that are specifically formulated for normal skin types.
Daily Skin Care for Men
Daily skin care is as essential for men as it is for women. Many men face the same skin problems that women do and more! Men are typically more athletic and sweat more. The more you sweat, the more you open your pores, and that makes your skin more susceptible to impurities entering into it.
- Use a mild facial cleanser at least twice a day to wash your face and rid facial skin of dirt and oils. Clean your skin in the morning and before you go to bed.
- Exfoliate your skin using a facial scrub, made by mixing ground walnuts and honey. Use this scrub at least three times a week to remove dead cells and deep clean pores.
- Many men forgo moisturizing daily and rely on their sebaceous glands to do the work for them. However, hydrating daily is essential if you want to keep your skin looking young. Look for facial lotions that are specifically formulated for men.
Also remember that moisturizing shaving creams, shaving gels and after-shave lotions help keep your skin hydrated. Sunblocks should also be part of your daily skin care if you're going to be out in it.
The most important thing you can do in daily skin care
is to consume plenty of nutritional foods that encourage clear, beautiful skin.
Related Pages on This Site
How to Get a Clear Complexion and Keep It!
How to Get Smooth Skin at Any Age!
Skin Exfoliation – Excellent Ways to Revitalize Your Skin
Take a Home Spa Day to Improve Your Skin Anytime
Clearing up Acne by Reducing Exposure to Bromides
Facial Masks for Every Skin Type
Beauty Tips with Lemon to the Rescue
Home Chemical Peel Pads - Why Not Make Your Own?
Rich Dark Chocolate Facial Masks – A Creamy Sensual Pleasure
Hyaluronic Acid Benefits - Reduce Wrinkles and Improve Health
Boost Skin Moisture to Plump and Revitalize
Subscribe to my free newsletter
. Get interesting facts and money saving tips to help conserve and improve your beauty and your health.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Use your keywords and this handy tool to find it fast!
Back to Top of Page
Restorative Anti Aging Skin Care
From Daily Skin Care to Homepage